Alternate to Paypal

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Alternate to Paypal

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 pm

I had paypal bill one of my customers twice and charged them 35.00 twice for NSF :o :o , it has been a major pain in the assets to try to get this cleared. I am now searching for another method to take cards online as I would like to offer my customers another option. I have been researching e-commerce companies ect.. I am new to this and would like your opinion as to any alternates. TIA
glamrhinestones

Re: Alternate to Paypal

PostPosted by divamomdesigns » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:54 am

There is also Google Checkout. I haven't used it yet because Paypal has been flawless for me (sorry you had an issue!). But i know Google is trying to take over the world (LOL) so they have tons of merchant options. Good Luck!
Staci Smith
Diva Mom Designs
Houston TX
WinPCSign2014, GCC Expert 24
divamomdesigns

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 am

thx, I had cancelled the transaction and they charged them twice 1 wk later. I will look into having other options other than paypal.
glamrhinestones

PostPosted by dhearn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:19 am

Glam,

Had the same problem with PayPal. Several times! I told them to take a hike and went with a real merchant account through Authorize.net. I have been super happy with them and their fees aren't bad at all. They even gave me the free terminal for taking credit cards and debit cards at my shows. It's wireless and works great! Awesome if you do a lot of shows! Most merchant account providers make you either buy or lease the machine. I even get free supplies (paper receipt rolls) when I run out.
dhearn

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks David, I will look into it. Are you also able to link them to your website without having to re-route the customer to another page like paypal?
glamrhinestones

PostPosted by MsHutch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I was at a gift show this weekend, and the vendor next to me said he went through Costco for his merchant account. Keep in mind that we live in Canada, but he said he only pays $9.00 per month for his account and it includes a virtual terminal as well as an iPhone application to process credit cards at gift shows, etc.??? I'm not sure if he also uses them as a gateway for his website or whether he has to enter the transactions manually, but I thought that was VERY reasonable!
Colleen

Leamington, ON
MsHutch

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Wow that is VERY reasonable..IF it includes gateway
glamrhinestones

PostPosted by Lalla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:06 pm

I know this post is a few years old but check into the Square. It works from your cell phone :)
Lalla

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?