Advice for cutting a large rhinestone template

This is the general discussion area to post any questions you have about the rhinestone business.

Advice for cutting a large rhinestone template

PostPosted by pauletts » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi there,
I am creating a new Elvis costume for my son-in-law and the cape will have a 20" by 20" rhinestone design on it with nearly 10,000 stones and 3 colors. I ordered a new Graphtec 6000-60 because I fear that my entry level US Cutter SC Series won't be able to handle it.

Do you have advice on how to cut this out? Pressure and speed settings? Do I have to adjust the blade depth on this model? I plan to use a 60 degree blade.

I planned on trying a smaller design first, and if all is well, I will start on the color with the lowest number of stones first. But when I get to the blue, it's going to be a whopper of a job!

Thank you!
p
pauletts

Re: Advice for cutting a large rhinestone template

PostPosted by pauletts » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:27 pm

No one answered me, which is frustrating. But for those members who read this, I wanted to let you know that the Graphtec 6000-60 is awesome and is doing the trick. I am well on my way to cutting out all the rhinestone templates for the Elvis costume. I am saving the biggest one for last because I have to redesign the template for SS16 stones and I don't want the Stone Wizard to just make it bigger.

I also found that the standard blade does perfect on sticky flock. I bought a 60 degree blade and had a harder time with it, so I went back to the standard 45 degree blade. Weeds right from the cutter, as I pull off the sticky flock.
pauletts

Return to General Rhinestone Questions for TRW?