Help with Creating a Custom Rhinestone Template

This is the general discussion area to post any questions you have about the rhinestone business.

Help with Creating a Custom Rhinestone Template

PostPosted by hanna » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm working with a font directly in Silhouette Designer Edition to create a custom rhinestone template. When I print a test, the letters are too large and when I resize it smaller, the font/rhinestones distort. Do I have to create it in a different program and then send it to the Silhouette for cutting? I've read many people use Corel and TRW - do I need to invest in this software in order to make custom designs/templates? Thanks!
hanna

Re: Help with Creating a Custom Rhinestone Template

PostPosted by Administrator » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:50 am

Hi hanna,
It is not necessary to purchase the software but it is easier to design with our true type fonts using the TRW Stone Wizard v2.0. All of our fonts are categorized by size because you cannot make them much smaller than the ss10 dimensions without ruining the design. To size in Silhouette, you will use the point sizes. We include a list of the point sizes needed for that stone on the mock-up.

Here is a document that lists most of our ttf's and their point sizes: http://therhinestoneworld.com/wp-conten ... -Chart.pdf

If you want to try CorelDRAW and the Stone Wizard, we both offer free trials. Our TRW Stone Wizard v2.0 fully-functional 30-day trial is located here: http://therhinestoneworld.com/shop-onli ... one-Wizard™-2-0-Trial/p/35106948/category=8808586

If you need any help, please call us at (941)755-1696. Happy Designing!
Jenny@TRW
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Help with Creating a Custom Rhinestone Template

PostPosted by pauletts » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:07 pm

While you don't need to buy or subscribe to Corel or buy TRW Stone Wizard, I recommend you do it. It will save you hours and hours...and frustration. I have done it both ways...the TRW Stone Wizard is an incredible tool!!
p
pauletts

Return to General Rhinestone Questions for TRW?