If you were going to buy

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

If you were going to buy

PostPosted by mclex16 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 am

Hi as newbies we can successful report that we have met our goal of being 100% completely confused! :?: :?:

Our first question of confusion comes in the area of equipment purchase. If you were to purchase one of the business start kits w/hp and cutter from Matt which one would be best and what configuration changes would you make. For instance we looked at the little leaque package and thought of upgrading the press to a 15x15 auto and the cutter but then we said it would probably be better to start at the minor league and downgrade the cutter to the Expert 24 LX and upgrade the press to the Hotronix 16 x 16 auto saving about $400 which we could use for supplies. Our budget is ~5k to start but if we can keep the equipment around ~3k and use the ~2k for supplies we are thinking that might be better way to start. Comment…..scratch that…….HELP!!!! :oops:
mclex16

Re: If you were going to buy

PostPosted by Administrator » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:38 am

Hey there,

The cutter's would we would recommend if you can afford it are the Rolands or Graphtec's. The Expert isn't bad but if you want to have the best cutter for a long time I would go with a Rolland or Graphtec. Hotronix makes a good press so I would go with one of them. You could get the minor league and just upgrade the cutter and the press and you would still save if you don't want all the accessories that come with the larger kits, like you are thinking. That's a pretty good plan. Feel free to give us a call too if you want to talk to someone over the phone. 941-755-1696. Have a great day!

Tommy @ TRW
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted by kamgrfx » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 am

Hi mclex16,

Equipment is where it is all at. I would recommend like Tommy said a graphtec or a roland, for me i would lean more towards a graphtec. On the heatpress there are many choices, but you have to consider size. Do you need a 15x15, or a 16x20? I would say go with the 16x20. Next comes the software. By far i i would go with the TRW Stone Wizzard, best in it's class! Support is awesome too. Make sure you have a decent computer to run corel draw plus the stone wizzard. This should set you back to about $3000 to $3800. $1500 to $2000 is a ton of supplies.

Make a good choice in investing on equipment that will last you a long time. This is key. On supplies, keep it short and simple. Do not go crazy buying toooooooo many tshirts. Get plenty of rhinestones, and glitter vinyl, plus HTV.

Call TRW, they can guide you through it all, but do consider good equipment.
Alex
Kameleon Graphix
kamgrfx

PostPosted by mclex16 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Great Advice Kam ! We will definitely be reaching out ot TRW to discuss more options that are best for our needs. As for computer, we run both MAC and PC but prefer MAC for its reliability but heard TRW Stone/Corel will only run under Windows OS (either virtual on MAC or stand alone pc). We want to dedicate a single machine for the business. Do you have any recommendations on that side of it.
mclex16

PostPosted by kamgrfx » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Yes, on the mac run paralles for mac so you can run windows in coherence mode and be able to run corel draw with SW. Make sure your mac has plenty of memory for this. at least 16GB of ram. I would not run boorcamp. As you know very well that windows is never 100% secure. If you run it in a virtual machine then anything that happens to windows, stays in windows.
Alex
Kameleon Graphix
kamgrfx

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?