Trw fonts in cameo designer software

Post any questions here on Silhouette Cameo & SD Cutters.

Trw fonts in cameo designer software

PostPosted by jamatdesign » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 am

Hi all,
Was just watching a tutorial on using the trw font files in designer studio. And Matt said if you had bought any fro trw the should be in your library fonts. I have 2 files from trw but they and all other files I have downloaded are in the library and I can't work out how to get them there, I'm a complete newbie and googling to try find a solution but hoping someone here could help
jamatdesign

Re: Trw fonts in cameo designer software

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:13 am

Did you buy Ttf fonts or svg fonts? A Ttf is installed in you computer, it is available in all of you programs that allow you to pick a font. An svg is a picture file you need to bring I to your software every time you want to use it.

If it is a Ttf, there are some videos on google how to instal font for your operating system.

Hope that helps.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Jesserc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:44 am

As Linda pointed out, first determine if the files you have, have an extension of .ttf , if so then they are true type fonts. I'm assuming you are using Silhouette Studio ? Sil Studio has a library of vector art, some came free with Studio and when you purchase from Sil Store, the purchased items reside there as well. Please dont confuse this library with what Matt was talking about, I think Matt meant that when you click on Text or go to the Text Style window, under Font Style, the TRW fonts will be listed there. Its often thought of a library of fonts, but its a general term for you whole collection of fonts. These fonts like Linda said, should be visible in any of your programs; word, word pad, corel, etc. Let us know if this helps.
-- Jesse
GCC Puma III
Cameo
Corel/Wizard/Studio Designer Edition
Jesserc

PostPosted by jamatdesign » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:46 am

Hi
Yes they are TFT files, the designer studio did install the ones I had but then I just bought 2 more and those won't load. I'm looking under the font drop down I have tried shutting down the program. Will watch more tutorials :)
jamatdesign

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 am

You have to exit out of your software the you can open it again, they should be there.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by jamatdesign » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 am

Tried that several times but not happening.

I do have one font in there but the boxes around each letter is to small spit cuts on the edge of the holes when it cuts the box
jamatdesign

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:52 am

Call the TRW office and let them help you. You can let them I to your computer and they can see what the problem is to get you straightened out and up and running.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Jesserc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 am

As we discussed earlier, if they are TTF , then I guess the next question is did you install them. On Window system, you just double click the file with extenion .ttf and it will ask you to install. Once installed you should be able to see them in any program that uses fonts. Have you tried word, word pad? They should all be labled easily and start with TRW... As for cutting correctly , there are pt sizes to use for each stone size. Usually Matt and Crew provide those pt sizes in the font page or the picture provided.

Here are some videos to watch, I know you mentioned you were a newbie, which is really why TRW creates videos, they want all of us to succeed. In their youtube channel, its really easy to search for a related video. Also they now have a TRW app which has all of there videos and tutorials categorized. Let us know if this helps: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRhinest ... +type+font
-- Jesse
GCC Puma III
Cameo
Jesserc

PostPosted by jamatdesign » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:12 am

Yes when I down load there is no install button, after nearly throwing the computer away, long suffering other half came home and had a look, we have to manually move the files to the windows font file and now they are there. Yay

I have the point size for each font but that particular font the box around is very close to the holes. Now I have all the fonts I bought installed I can use the one I want which is cutting beautifully as I type.

Have been watching all the tutorials, and am getting up at 4 am to catch this latest webinar for silhouette cameo, not looking forward to the early start but worth it to learn :D
jamatdesign

PostPosted by jamatdesign » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:14 am

Should say I'm in Australia so time zones and international call rates hold me back a bit but very happy to have found the TRW site it and this forum are fantastic
jamatdesign

PostPosted by Jesserc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 am

Great to hear. In windows, you should just be able to either double click on the font or right click on the font and click install. Glad you figured it out.
-- Jesse
GCC Puma III
Cameo
Jesserc

Return to Silhouette Cameo & SD Cutter Questions