August 2014 chat

The water cooler is a great area to just have off-topic conversations and meet forum members.

August 2014 chat

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 am

TGIF!
Hanging in bed watching the news this morning. Nice young single mom won $66 million dollars in The lottery on Friday the 13th. Lucky lady!

Things are still off with the boy yesterday after I picked a fight on Wednesday night. I have to sort a little bit of it out this morning. He is going away for the day/night which he shouldn't but is going

We are planning on picking up the replacement cabinets this morning, hang some shelving too. I really need to move into my kitchen. I miss real dishes.

Anyway, lots to do today, or tomorrow. Some custom stuff which I enjoy and a little bit of cleaning up. The shop has gotten a bit messy and over run my little bits and pieces. By the time I finish, I just want to get out, so I tend to clean up while my press is heating up.

Time for coffee a shower and moving on with my day. Have a good one and please come join the monthly chat, I know people have dropped into the weekly and then gotten lost in the next week, so maybe we can get a little convo going here, and get to know each other a little better. There are some very talented people here all willing to help.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Re: August 2014 chat

PostPosted by Julie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:44 am

Morning,

Sorry about the fall out Linda, it's hard standing your ground bu also being the bigger person. My girl and I were talking last night and she stated "we always fight mummy" to which I replied "that's because i'm always right and your wrong" lol. that one didn't go down to well.

Cracking on with some google listing issues this morning, as I have no idea how to fix it I will more than likely spend the next couple of hours teaching myself something I really have no interest in what so ever!!! But got to do what you got to do to keep things going right!

Send off a few custom mock ups this morning, was up till late last night working on them. Just hope they are happy with them, I really don't want to have to mess with them again.

Right, crack on to google school lol
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:13 am

Good morning, happy Sunday! All boys home safe and sound, I slept like a rock!

Lots to make today, I ended up having the house to myself yesterday and did some puttering instead of work.

Stupid up customer email.

She ordered a cadet hat, even called me on the phone first to tell me where she wanted the transfer. All set, she orders, pays with an e check which took 5 days to clear. 2 emails I the interim, where is my hat...umm have to wait for funds to clear..she get the hat yesterday, loves it, so cute, super blingy, but she has changed her mind, she wants a baseball hat instead.SIGH

In need of coffee, have a good day!
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by j61wade » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Has anyone tried the the magic crayon that Matt is selling. I laughed at him but he made me take one and of course I told him that I was going to leave it on my dash and make a melted mess. I was doing a bit of training at another shop and I decided that I might be able to leave it with them. I was showing the art of brushing in stones and then picked up the crayon to show them another way of correcting the missing or upside down stones. Guess what, that thing works great. I recommend it to everyone that does lots of stones. I haven't tried the magic pencil but I have one sitting on the shelf.
Jay Wade
Custom Rhinestones and Graphics of SWF, Inc.
j61wade

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi all, it' sheen a few days....busy busy all of a sudden. I have customer I may have either gotten rid of or really pissed off. She is someone who likes her shirts 2 sizes too small, wants a custom logo and doesn't want it to tuck under her (rather large ) chest. I literally have 2 inches in hight to work with. I got the logo long vs wide) and text down to 3.5 high and told her with the limitation and perimeters she has given me, this is the best I can do. It looks good, but it does not meet her expectation. She also insist that everyone wears shirts this tight. Umm, nope! But I won't argue.

Anyway, FIL in for a visit and golf tournament. Lobsters for dinner tonight, his and my fave :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:15 am

Evening/Morning ;)

Well, been a few busy days here getting my girl ready to go back home and to school. Forgot how expensive senior year is lol. Got another week with her and she will be off ;(((( She's a drama queen (in a good entertaining way) and keeps me on my toes. I'm pretty sure if my mum was still about she would say we were very much alike as teenagers. (pitty party here)

Just finished, what I believe to be one of my hardest designs ever!! I normally keep it simple but I saw this design a few days ago and loved it. Had to change it up a little so it's not the same (had enough of people copying my work an refuse to knowingly do it to someone else). Pretty proud of myself to be honest, but it did take me about 3 hours to make. All using the wizard, had to re watch a few videos and then got clicking away on youtube as one does lol.

Got onto this somehow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov_iJQGq6DI I have seen it a few times and each time it just blows me away!! Soothing and relaxing!!

Right, got some website changes to make while its night time and most should be sleeping, me included!!

OOhhh What pen are you talking about?
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by pjmom60 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 pm

It felt like I was going to a rock concert yesterday with backstage passes!!! Matt and Rudy (and I'm really sorry, bur I can't remember the third TRW Crew member's name!) were here in St. Louis for a one day TRW class. All the videos and webinars I've watched...and here was Matt in person! The class was a lot of fun. I get to see them again tomorrow at the NGN show here. It's a really small trade show and I feel very lucky that Matt decided to grace us with his presence! Now to just put some of this knowledge to use! Have a great weekend, everyone!
pjmom60

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:29 am

PJ Mom, so glad you had a good time. Matt and crew in person are just as you see them "on tv" I think Tyler was at the shows last week.

It's Sunday! my kitchen is DONE with the exception of the under counter lighting, plumbing inspections, ( I want my disposal back so we have to have inspection done first) and the building inspector. We started to move in on Friday got waylaid yesterday so more moving in today....I have a few transfer orders to get done today too.

Anyway, life is good, I feel back on track, dinner out last night for the end of the golf tourney hubby and FIL played in. Good food good company, life is GOOD. Both of my boys are home. It is really nice to have them here all sitting around the kitchen island shooting the s*** :-)

OK, time to get a move on so I can get all this stuff made before the boys get up. Have a good one.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Evening/Morning..

Congrats on the Kitchen Linda, seems like it took forever to get finished and while I'm sure there are still a few bits and bobs, it must be a pleasure to actually cook something again lol

Very sad news on Robin Williams, he has entertained my family for many years... I hope his family find some sort of peace.

Last couple of days with my girl, while she is driving me completely bonkers!!! But I will miss her dearly when she is gone.. That being said she will be back again soon for Xmas then just a couple more months and she will be graduated and back here with me for good... Or till College that is..

Looking at flights for my dad, he is coming over for 3 months!! 3 months!!! Yep, no idea how I will entertain him for that long. Good job the golf courses are all within a 30 min drive. There is a shabby one on Fort Stewart which is good for a quicky, that being said, it's far too hot and humid for golf right now.

Orders to catch up on, I have been a designing MONSTER for 5 days now!! and sent nothing out the door :? :? :? Not cool! But when I'm in the mood for design work I just have to keep going.

Right, bed time.. Going to have to try and get Tank up and out for his night time toilet time. He is just passed out from a day at school lol.. WIth any luck he won't have the energy to climb the stairs and jump on my bed lol
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 am

Morning!
met with some bee's the other afternoon. coming off a benidryl high and finding these stings (2) are majorly swollen and uncomfortable!
Family coming from out of town today, taking Thursday and Friday off to be with them.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Enjoy the time with your daughter Julie.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to (The Water Cooler) General Off-Topic Discussions