Weekly Chat June 23, 2014

The water cooler is a great area to just have off-topic conversations and meet forum members.

Weekly Chat June 23, 2014

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:22 am

Monday, coffee in bed from my hubby. I should have run out sooner :D
Up an at em. Stunning sunny morning, cool sleeping weather, I love it! Feeling a bit bad for some of the kids who still have school because of all the snow days.

I managed to get the laundry done yesterday. My laundry is off the kitchen, anyway, 2 weeks of laundry clean and put away :-) long walk with the dog. Perfect weekend stuff.

Waiting for the painter this morning to put some paint in the ceiling and prime the new pantry and fridge box. Then off to run a few errands before the floor goes in tomorrow. Woot woot!

Ok, I have to hit the basement and get today's orders done....have a great day
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Re: Weekly Chat June 23, 2014

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Linda!

The haze finally burned off and the sun is out. Hate that I'm working and can just see it from a window, oh well.

Great weekend, have everything finished on the Port and waiting for them to tell me how they want it (printed, digital or both). Woo Hoo!

I got myself a new drill for the reno and to keep it safe I'm going to bling a monogram on the bag and take some of the Bling N-E thing sheets and put some on the drill. I'll be styling when I'm putting up drywall :-)
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Maggie,
you have to post pictures when you're done. :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:08 am

Good morning!
I'm so excited! I have a floor! Cabinets will go in today and tomorrow :-)
Countertops laid out on Friday....then nothing.....for a week?

My boy comes home today from Europe. Little bit of I messaging and I think he has had a great time. My older son comes home for the weekend tomorrow. I'm so excited to have them both home and dreading the whole food situation at the same time.

I had to get an early start. No work in the basement yesterday because the sky's were falling and I have to beat the clock today before they show up for cabinets....

My the sun shine so your bling sparkles. Have a good one.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:20 am

Morning all...

Crazy week here, hubby flew home (England) yesterday and arrived a couple of hours ago, super excited for him as he is about to surprise our eldest who graduated Uni for the 2nd time on Thursday with her Masters.. It will also be our second youngest 18th. Neither know that daddy is about 20 minutes away from being home (well out my in laws place). I leave tomorrow afternoon and will be gone for about 10 days, but this really is no vacation!! We have 10 days to make the rounds with all the family new and old, meet up with a few good friends here and there in addition to the vital food catch up sessions!!

Linda, Hope your son comes back with some lovely memories of my home, it can be a little over whelming for some people luckily, he has age on his side lol.

Right, got loads to do. Hair cut, brows waxing, goody shopping for all those that adore your USA candy and got to find a suit case suitable oh and my passport!!! Oh and need to find a summer dress for the 18th Birthday Tea Party!!

Laters alligators!!
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Congrats Julie! Have a wonderful trip, I know with all the running around it won't feel like a vacay. I always come back feeling more tired!

Linda, I will! My brother thinks I'm nuts! But if it keeps his grimy paws off of it, the 'stones will do their job! So cool that your floor is down the cabinets and countertop are coming! Yeah, I hate the hurry up and wait about remodeling. Sometimes the scheduling just sucks!

You are going to have a full house this weekend! Should be fun but, yeah, they are locusts at that age!
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Julie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Right folks...

Just popped in quickly to say I will be MIA for a few days. With travel and events it will be next week before I can jump on here..

Will post some pics of home sweet home for you ;)

be good all.. Have a great weekend all x
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 am

Good morning.
Safe travels Julie

Waiting at the dentist for a cleaning :-)
The boy made it home last night. What should have been a drive by pick up turned into a 2 hour wait. His bag may or may not be here today...

Lots to do and not nearly enough time. Enjoy your day.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:36 am

Have a great time Julie!

Glad your son is home, I hate the wait at the airport it always is something! Have fun at the dentist.

We hear that at my day job we got one of the On-Call contracts with one of the Ports. We are so stoked! My boss has positioned us well, if even part of her plan happens, the company will be doing really well. So happy!
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Julie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 am

Morning all,

Well, loving being home so far, even if the weather has been a little wet. Caught up with lots of friends and family and have eaten way too much, not complaining about that part lol.

Set for a game of tennis this afternoon, but not till we have moved the marque out of the in-laws tennis court, which is where we had the tea party on Friday. Had a lovely ride this morning on my fav horse, he is getting on a bit now (23 i think), but still full of fire ;)

Maggie, what is it your company actually does as the ports? I keep hearing you talking about them and contracts, but no idea what for lol.

Picked up a flower club yesterday morning here in the UK. Just for Bags and rhinestone decals (not really tee wearing ladies), but there are about 70 in this particular club which is connected to several larger ones. Mother in-law is the president, so that helped just a little lmao. Working now on some decal options for them, but I'm sure what ever they go for will be just fine.

Girls back home are coping pretty well and have kept on top of orders so far, fingers crossed for them and my customers that it's all present and correct.

Right, got to crack on, pop in later in the week ;)
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Cool, Julie! I hope you get the business, my sister would be righting that trip off as a business expense. I'll send a prayer that the girls did great!

I work for a Construction Management firm, we do all sorts of construction - marine, building, water/wastewater, etc. Its a very small company owned by a woman who has done a great job. One of our biggest clients is Port of Los Angeles and they are revamping the waterfront and bringing everything up to date. The contract will be anywhere from $1 million to $5 million, possibly more. So for us, it's a big deal. I am the office manager but I will work in the field when I need to, which I've been doing.

If anyone has a kid that likes math, focus them on engineering but business! And get their PE or SE or both! And get in on the Client's side not Contractors. One of our younger engineers just got his PE (about 6 months ago) is about 28 and making $95K, working in the industry for about 8 years. We have more immigrants working with us with degrees than citizens, so when I talk to young people I tell them to look at engineering.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

Return to (The Water Cooler) General Off-Topic Discussions