Weekly Chat June 16,2014

The water cooler is a great area to just have off-topic conversations and meet forum members.

Weekly Chat June 16,2014

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:32 am

Morning, bright and early Monday morning!

Lots to do today. I slacked a lot of the weekend, but it was so nice out, I just couldn't help myself. Long walk in the woods yesterday and a stroll with the dog in the afternoon too.

My boy leaves for London tonight :-) it's a group tour, lots of good things planned, all touristy, but alas, it's what you do what you have never been someplace before. The. To Paris before he comes home. 10 days boy free and back to a car per person :-) I am going to miss him terribly, but I know he is excited to got to London.

Walls and plastering should commence today. It's been a long 2 weeks with not much going on including waiting for inspectors. So onward to the finish line :-)

Hope everyone has a good Monday planned, somehow my plan is never what it turns out to be.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Re: Weekly Chat June 16,2014

PostPosted by Julie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 am

Morning...

Crap weekend, had a night out with the girls Saturday and drank maybe one to many. Self inflicted I know and I really don't normally drink... Suffered yesterday and not brilliant today. Spent the whole day yesterday on the couch, which isnt a bad thing to be honest, not something i get to do very often.

Linda, I'm sure your boy will have a blast in London, it's about my favorite place (#lovemyhometown). Not bad weather back there either right now.. No AC there tho lol.

Right, my girl is on her way for the summer and we have lots planned to see and do.. As well as attitude adjustments lol.

Right, i'm jabbering now. Got to go prep her room for her, Tank seems to think it's his bedroom now and every night around 9ish he takes himself up stairs to bed lol. He is just toooo stinking cute x
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:08 pm

I just looked up and it's afternoon WTH! Oh, boss came in here instead of other office, right! She is learning InDesign and wants to do the proposal herself so about every 10 minutes, I'm called into her office to help her fix or do something.

Linda, my sister loved when she went to England. She did the tourist thing and then went back to visit places she was interested in.

Julie, have fun with your daughter! Hopefully, there won't be too much adjustment issues. :-) Now, the adjustment will be for her and Tank :-)! Who gets that room!

My niece was thrilled to finally be done with school this year. She actually had straight A's again, my sister is pleased and surprised. My niece hasn't really asked anyone for help or had to be reminded (unlike her brother). There was talk of taking her out and putting her in public but the private school has cut her tuition in half to keep her.

Watching soccer with friends this weekend. Still unsure how to tell the time on it :-) It was fun to watch!
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 am

good morning!
Hi Maggie, Hi Julie,
THURSDAY, I got up early so I could get all my work done so we can go run some kitchen errands. it is going far too slowly.on Monday, the dry wall guys claimed their van broke down. I call BS! Anyway, that one day put 4 other contractors off. The floor was suppose to go in tomorrow, but because of the delay, he can't come until Wed. the counters were suppose o be templates on Tuesday, tat got pushed off as well. so now we are looking at another 3-4 weeks. I am really over it.

to top it off the ebay lady is also making me crazy. I really need her to go away. Suck up the fact she bought something that didn't fit. I know I have made that mistake before.

My boy goes to Stonehenge today among other things and and a theater this evening. I think it has been some heavily packed days so far. I think he is looking forward to a little down time to explore a little on his own, well there are rules to that too....

I hope others will stop by and post. My the sun shine and your rhinestones bling!
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 am

Morning ;)

Linda, Stonehenge is a lovely place. Very tranquil and relaxing with amazing sites of our beautiful country sides. How is he coping without AC? I know it's right around the 70's now. I'm not looking forward to it at all, just get used to not dealing with it. Night times are the worst, the entire country bulk buys fans in the summer. We are a little blessed that we don't have all the bugs you have here in the USA and we can have our bedroom windows wide open all night without getting attacked lol.

Well, since my girl has been home I have barely seen Tank, he lives and breathes my daughter :( I' ok with that, she's a little short of affection living with her dad :evil: But that's another whole story.

Been a little slow this last week or so, so much so that we are pretty much caught up with all our orders, a first for months I tell ya. Not completely complaining about it, it's going to give us time to do stock checks and upload some new products.

Linda, Sorry about your kitchen, I have been through that a few times and it's no joke. Take out 7 days a week takes it toll on anyone!! Hopefully your contractors will pull their fingers out their arses and get it done for you.

Right, best crack on. Got 12pm meeting in town and then off to Savannah to help my buddy out with an event shes doing. Going to be long day me thinks ;(
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 am

No AC is not a problem. I'm sure it's not even on his radar Julie.
Glad your Daughter is home for the summer...enjoy :-) and have fun with your friend. Always good to be with friends.

We had a slow week last week too. I think most of the buying was for father's day, not complaining either. Been busy since. I have finished all my pressing for the day. Amazing how much one can get done when you get up at 4 am right? lots of computer work to do...as always.

I thought I would show this off too. I like the eye, i would have chosen different text, but alas one has to make what the customer asks for right?
Attachments
photo (46) (640x545).jpg
photo (46) (640x545).jpg (186.27 KiB) Viewed 188 times
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

That is a great looking eye... Agree about the font, but it's what floats their boat right!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:28 pm

The eye came out great!!! That would probably work for a make-up artist too.

Don't get me started on fonts :-( I go through the alphabet when having my sister choose one ('you like A or B, what about C?). When you get to choose your own, do you have a few that are your go to?

Sorry about the kitchen but Contractors do that stuff all the time - keeps my boss in business :-)! Since we represent the owner, it is our job is to keep the project moving. I am going to plan check with the drawings to take out the bearing wall for my kitchen remodel next week. My brother (he and I will be doing most of the work) said for me only to get the permit for taking out the wall, I thought he was nuts until he told me if we don't get it done in the time frame allotted I have to pay for a new permit.

See, I don't know how you handle the Ebay customer who is like that or any customer for that matter! My sister thinks I'm good at it but I'm not, I just get pissy later when I shouldn't. It just doesn't always roll off my back when I've been clear about things. I know it is part of business but sometimes!!!

Julie, love that Tank and daughter are getting along. Hopefully, she can come out and get her loving at your place. I hope the meeting goes well and you get some business! It does sound like a long day but hopefully you will have a great time with your friend.

Had some requests for the small aprons for waiters, a bar is asking for some. So, I'll be playing around with a couple of design ideas.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:41 am

Morning and TGIF!
breakfast out with hubby as he sets off on a BIG golf tourney weekend. With both boys gone, just me and dog :-)

Maggie, aprons are fun, are you doing the logo? Good luck with your kitchen, I can't imagine this will be easy work. But it should go faster than mine :-)

Ebay, well it ended up escalating yesterday. the woman got very abusives. Ebay found in our favor, they will be returning money to the buyer from ebay protection? I don't know what happens to her? is she required to return the shoes? will ebay let her keep the shoes and them ACTUALLY charge us so we are out shoes and money? I know neither of us can leave feedback. doing a lot of reading last night, I think ebay may not be what it use to be. Lots of scammers out there and not much protection for the sellers. I will give it one more go, then I'm pulling the store. It's just not worth the waste of time these people put you through and once they have the stuff, you lose all power. She could very well return the shoes cut in half/ (pour ink on a shirt/take scissors to them?) and there is nothing I can do about it. there are a lot of stories out there. It's not to say there are not good sellers and good buyers, the bad ones just make it bad for everyone.

Picked out tile yesterday. I found something I liked at Loews. Picked up everything i needed right from the store yesterday and it came in well under budget.

The floor has been bumped to Tuesday, so I won't be able to be in my shop on Tuesday. too much crap falls on the tables.

ROYAL pita customers this week. One thinks I should pull in samples for her at my cost. she has a "clothing" biz, wants everything at screen print pricing, thinks I should cut my cost so she can make more money. I told her she would be a much better transfer customer. She can buy transfers, put them on whatever she wants to put them on (she will need a press o someone to press them) but I can't give her finished product at the price she wants. Especially if she is picking out $25 jackets (no stones) and wants me to sell them to her for $25 and them give her a bulk discount. after all, she needs to make money.

Another wants me to get vinyl colors for her to look at, the sample card is not big enough. what I think she really wants is me to make her shirts as a sample and give it to her. I told her, I would be happy to get whatever colors she wants, but it I buy it, it's hers. I have done a dozen of these shirts for her with the same blue every time. Now she doesn't like it. Then she bitched at me because I am charging her $30 for custom shirt/ 2 color custom logo front and back. She thinks it's too much.

Can you tell I need a vacation? :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by j61wade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Been a crazy month. Was thinking that I would cruise thru this month and get ready for my two weeks at the beach next month. Nope, that's not happening. This is suppose to be a little hobby business for me to play with. Finished up making transfers that took about 50,000 stones then my customer came in today to drop off all the garments that will be pressed and oh by the way here is 90 pieces that will get glitter viynl and other stone designs. She is launching her clothing line next month at a show in Atlanta. She has sneak peaked and has orders beginning. She's thinking 1500 pieces and they get 3 locations of stones. Can you say CAM machine. I'm thinking that Matt's group is going to be busy making them for me. I will have a 10 day turn around from drop ship in my shop. All hands on deck. Plan on bring in the family and have all three heat presses going. That's just one project. Just picked up a high school and have 200 staff shirts and 30 administration shirt to embroidere and over 600 class shirts to print. Next I have a large dance group that is changing their warm ups suit and it has a large glitter and stone design on it now. 30 girls per group and there is 12 groups. Could be a rather busy next few months.hope everyone else is doing good and will be helping in the TRW booth in Orlando at th ISS show. Stop by and see if I got everything done.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (232.3 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Jay Wade
Custom Rhinestones and Graphics of SWF, Inc.
j61wade

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Linda, I am doing the logo. It is an old wood oil well, it represents the past of the area. The bar has been there forever, sorta a local dive for the oil workers then and now just the local watering hole.

I can't believe how the whole ebay thing escalated! I swear there are too many people who think its about them and what they want, they don't think about looking at all sides of the situation and realizing they might be at fault. Sorry your other customers are acting like idiots too, I swear they need a time out! But a vacation for you sounds much better then putting those guys in a corner. At least you will be able to relax, I'm hoping you get one!

Jay, you don't do anything in half measures! Cruise thru...hobby!! You're so funny! I only know you from your posts and you are always moving! I like the design, the way! The dancer as part of the 'D' is really nice.

My brother is complaining about the beam and pads the structural engineer wants to replace the bearing wall. It is a step down from a glue lam which is good (those are $$) but it is still heavy, which I knew. I figure the beam will be 500lbs. I've already got 3 men and 2 women and others I can ask to help hoist and 4 ladders. Had to remind him I knew that beam would be a monster and we could get a GC to install it but he wants to do it. I still need to get through plan check and I don't know what they will want changed it anything.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

Return to (The Water Cooler) General Off-Topic Discussions