Weekly Chat June 2, 2014

The water cooler is a great area to just have off-topic conversations and meet forum members.

Weekly Chat June 2, 2014

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Starting the weekly early, I hope that's ok.

Julie, the baby is adorable!

We had a wonderful dinner out last night at a new restaurant with friends last night. Too much food, too much wine, but we had a some great laughs.

Final exams start tomorrow for the boy and then he is done for the summer on Thursday....WOOT WOOT, my lawn and yard needs a ton of work and since he didn't make too big an effort find a summer job he belongs to me and Sparkle Gear :-) poor boy has no clue what is in store for him.

the pollen finally caught up to me. I love that my meds are working for my Crohn's I absolutely hate that it has made me susceptible to every ailment on the planet.

OK, enough from me, I have a a ton of work to do tomorrow. reading through the comments people leave me on orders is just crazy! on the other hand I love when people put in a group order and ask for NO discount! that makes me really happy :-)

OK, so happy Monday! Welcome to the new members, please feel free to join the chat....
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Re: Weekly Chat June 2, 2014

PostPosted by Julie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks Linda.. Im totally and completely in love with him!!

As for the rest..... Bllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaah!!

up at 3am this morning for the airport run to take hubby back to work. None impressed. Fighting with eyes and still need to walk to the dogs...

Till tomorrow

Night night
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:17 am

Hi!

Finally got the @#$t memory night stuff done! WooHoo!! I've learned out to cut out fun foam cleanly with the Cricut - Bumble (Expert24) didn't like it - and the thick cut blade and holder for the Cricut gave us jagged edges but the combo of the thick cut blade holder and the clean cut blade was perfect. Enough so, the broom-rider wench went to my sister to try to talk her into having me do all her cutting. Didn't work this time since I was cutting the vinyl for the doors and Bumble is acting up. I am going to clean it this weekend to see if that helps. Haven't figured out why it is acting up but figured cleaning it will help.

Need to finish the extra work for the day job so I can get on my to do list for my rhinestones and some of the remodeling work on the house. So ready to be finished with it!!

Linda, I should have some of your posts as my screen saver! I pulled a bonehead move, had a lady want to order 5 shirts and wanted a discount. I gave her a price (there was a small discount) and she ordered one. Sigh! I know better!!!
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by VinylArtStudio2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Congrats Julie on the new grandbaby..... I can attest.....they are the best. Like the ole saying goes, If I knew grandkids were going to be this much fun, I would have had them first! LOL....very true.

Linda, we went out with some friends a couple weeks ago.............sat there for over 2 hours and laughed and had a great time. We gave the waitress a good tip.....think she was wondering if we would ever leave.

Maggie.....what's a Bumble?

One of the grandsons came by and mowed yesterday....that was nice. Poor kids.....they still have school this week cause they had so many snow days in the winter....

Hubby was suppose to be on an honor flight to Washington DC today. He got his father hooked up and he was going as his guardian. His father is 93. He has been so healthy but started having heart problems a few weeks ago. So he can't fly right now. They had to cancel out of the trip. Hubby was bummed. But even more bummed that his father has refused the pace maker that his doctor recommended. He remembers 40 years ago when his father in law had a pacemaker and all the problems he had. I don't think he understands how far technology has come since then. It really is just a matter of time now. He thinks he will have a heart attack. Hubby fears he will have a stroke instead.....which could be worse. Whatever the outcome....it isn't good.

Have emails to work on.... thanks LInda on the answer on the tri-blend shirts.
VinylArtStudio2

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am

You're welcome Cindy :-)
Julie, did you end up getting a new puppy?
Maggie we have only been at the re model for just over a week. SO ready for it to be done. Actually it should go together pretty quickly. The electronic should be done this week then we wait for the rough inspections from the town. THEN it can all go together :-) Habitat for humanity comes to pick up the old cabinets tomorrow.

Full.ON.Head.Cold!
It is so not easy to work and feel sick! it's days like this i want OFF these immune suppressants. I have a visit with that Dr. today and a visit to the vampires (blood draw) I might have to ask nicely to please get off these pills. I've never been a germ-a-fobe and have no clue how to be one.

I have been overloaded with work. I am still having fun so I thought I would show off a few pieces if no one minds.

Top one is for a contractor, it was a one off for his daughter. He is clearly the father of girls and lots of them. He had an appreciation for all things that sparkle. Got to love that!

Chai 5 was for a Jewish group end of year. The guys got the same in vinyl.

Because Sparkle is a state of mind was for an exercise studio. they loved them and have an order in for more.

I'm happy with how they all turned out.
Attachments
duval-275x275.png
duval-275x275.png (101.21 KiB) Viewed 184 times
chai-5-275x275.png
chai-5-275x275.png (118.91 KiB) Viewed 184 times
because-sparkle-275x275.png
because-sparkle-275x275.png (108.31 KiB) Viewed 184 times
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Those are cute! I love the construction one (probably because that is kinda the day job stuff - we do construction management)

Sorry to hear about the head cold, it's no fun. I hate going to the DRs so I don't envy you, I would want off everything too!

Cindy, the Bumble is my GCC Expert 24. It is yellow and black and I thought it looked like a bumble bee so I call it Bumble. It is definitely a male because it doesn't always want to work when I do and doesn't understand how I want things, then messes up. :-)

It's been making a high pitched squeal sound when cutting and from what I can tell its either the rollers or the blade holder thingy (carriage, maybe) - it happens when cutting vinyl. It also will have a brain fart and start cutting a design and half way through squeal and start cutting in a different place. I am going to clean it and get all the flock out of it, clean the rollers, replace the cutting strip and see if that helps. I'll read the instructions to see if it has to be greased. I don't remember seeing that in the instructions but I read those last year, so I need to re-read them.

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It is a struggle to balance their wishes with what we think is best for them.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Julie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Afternoon all..

Linda, those designs are awesome. It's great to see what folks are doing and how far they have come along from the first stages of designing. I look back on some of mine and can't believe people brought them lol.

I did get a new puppy however, I have come to realize that my place just isn't big enough for 2 boxers. They are crazy together and while I love watching and actually hearing them play, they do need more room and as we are about 6 months out from moving i just don't think it's fair. So we are only fostering him (Chase) till we find a forever home for him.

Sorry about the head cold, nothing worse than feeling under the weather. For the last few days I have had that bad head that just screams pain when you bend over and get back up again. Pretty sure it's cause i really don't drink enough. I simply forget to drink... Strange I know.

LOL@ Bumble... I haven't given mine a name but I do randomly call it things that maybe should not be repeated on here...

Right, got to go. about to start training on website product listings with the girls...

JOY lol
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Julie, 2 dogs are great, but yes, high energy dogs need space.
Cindy, sorry about your FIL, I hope you can work out the details for everyone to be happy.
Maggie, Maggie Maggie! Sounds like like your cutter needs a good cleaning. you may also have a function in your software for material saving, it should start at one end and work its way to the other.

Another busy day.
Last night I had 12 teenagers over, they ate everything not nailed down, what they did not eat they left open and had to be pitched. Mind you, I have no kitchen! On the kitchen front, we passed rough electrical inspection, the building inspector should be here Monday for the pluming and AC/heating ducts that were moved. then with a little luck, they can start putting the kitchen together after that.

I did take time out for lunch with the girls. Always a nice break to spend time with people i love :-)

My favorite call today at 4 pm? I need 20 custom design something (not sure about the design or what it is going on) shipped on Monday, they have a banquet on Thursday and want the team to have something pretty....OK, not going to happen...

I also did a custom logo for a woman, she came to me through my best customer so i waved the logo fee (it wasn't that hard) so I show her the logo, she says she wants something different to add to her line, not a tee, tank, sweat or bag, can she buy one at a time? I tell her fine but 1 piece is not wholesale its retail. Then she tells me she wants whatever she buys, regardless of how many at screen print prices....I am positive that person will not be willing to work with me.

Still not feeling great I could go to sleep right now. going to call it an early night, i have a design to finish tonight. Wish me luck, I feel like I am working on 1/2 speed.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to (The Water Cooler) General Off-Topic Discussions