Weekly Chat May 19, 2014

The water cooler is a great area to just have off-topic conversations and meet forum members.

Weekly Chat May 19, 2014

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun May 18, 2014 8:44 pm

Evening,
I am going to start the weekly chat early. I have to hit the ground running tomorrow with a transfer order for a new customer who turns out to be new to the biz and lives in Boston. and a big order that is way more transfers than I can count right now in way too Maury color combinations on way too many color tank tops. I have to sit down and simplify the transfer count and colors in the morning.

Back to full time mom. I thought my son would be home for 2 full weeks, but that's not the case. I love having him here, as long as he wants to stay, I'll have him. Drove up to Maine yesterday to get him. Holy crap, his dorm room was really discussing! Got the car packed, got some food and home we came :-)

The other boy had fun at the prom Friday night. the mom of the girl called me to tell me what a nice going man I have, made me feel good ;-)

Ok, my fridge crapped out. I have been without a fridge for 5 days! Hubby insist he can fix it. So far, not so good! He has very little time left to get this done. I want cream in my coffee in the morning and I hate getting dressed to get it. He drinks his black.

Off to bed, I waited up for a boy to come home last night at 12:30, I was up at 5 yesterday and slept about 4 hours last nigh. Not enough for this princess.

Hide everyone has a good Monday, please check in, it was nice to see Cindy last week too.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Re: Weekly Chat May 19, 2014

PostPosted by Julie » Sun May 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Sounds like you have it all going on there Linda... Glad your boy enjoyed the prom and what a lovely gesture for the mum to call you... Tell hubby you are going Fridge shopping, im sure that will either get him motivated to fix it or send you packing for shopping lol.

My week has been hectic, work work shopping for new Grand baby (Doesn't matter how often I say that, it just isn't real). Hubby is coming home Friday and I will be doing the airport run but... Atlanta this time, that's a 4 hour drive!! But it's all ok, we are leaving Atl and driving on to Little Rock to see my children and yep, the Grand baby lol. Leaving there Tuesday, meeting in Tupelo Mississippi Tuesday lunch time and back to Atlanta to visit hubbies cousin that lives here and his mother and other cousin that flew in this weekend. Timing is all perfect and back home for Wednesday evening.

Girls will all be set up for work but will be taking my laptop so I can remote back to the office should I need to lol.. Oh, just booked my tickets home to the UK for next month as it's hubbies youngest 18th and there will be a big shindig going on.. Plus new babies born back home which I am busting to see. Plus all the normal food groups that I have to fit in lol..

Right, still lots to prep for so will catch you all later..
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by VinylArtStudio2 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:32 am

Hey! Mornin'. Nice to see old friends. I will try not to be a stranger Linda.

Had a "Perfect Weed" this mornin'. Bought the SF from Matt at ISS show. Liked it because is now has edges on it for your rollers. But figured out after the cut that it was only 11.5" wide....not 12". But all is well....I was being a bit conservative anyway since it was the first time using it. Was impressed by the "Perfect Weed" though. Have 23 of these to do for our local park district.

Hubby is out of the house already. That's unusual. So nice and quiet. No TV!!! Yea!!!

Have a dentist apt at 1pm today. A crown fell out on Friday while eating lunch....yuck!! It is one that I have had issues with for awhile. Doc has had to ground down part of it twice now. Maybe part of the issue was it was loose....not sure. Will see what he has to say.

Got to get crackin'. Hope everyone has a nice day...
Attachments
perfect weed.JPG
Perfect weed
perfect weed.JPG (97.37 KiB) Viewed 218 times
VinylArtStudio2

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 am

Waving to Julie and Cindy!
Cindy, LOVE the new logo ;-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Mon May 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'll have to get some after I run out and try it!

Sorry about the fridge, Linda. I've learned from experience to give a time limit or it never gets fixed.

Been busy everywhere but with sparkle. Never got the mortar board which was fine, I guess that is a current thing to do to bling it out. I remember taking the architectural vinyl tape and writing things when I was young. I did a shirt for a friend's daughter who was graduating college this weekend, I went to it and had a good time. Known the young lady forever and had to laugh, my friend taught her to princess wave as a baby (it goes 'wrist, wrist, elbow, elbow, wipe a tear and blow a kiss' with the hand motions). Her daughter did that the whole way down the aisle after getting her diploma walking slow. She is 4'11" and had everyone laughing. Spent the day partying with her and her family and ended up sunburned but with some wonderful memories.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by VinylArtStudio2 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks Linda. The logo looks pretty great on a Tee. Need to press it on some of my table cloths or maybe a runner....
VinylArtStudio2

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue May 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Evening!
is it only Tuesday? I want to take to my bed, my boy just told me he is dating someone. CRAP, I thought I was in the clear. Now back to those, don't do anything stupid talks.....

I've been making transfers since 7 am, my eyes are crossed looking at stones, they look a lot smaller at 6 pm than they did at 7 am let me tell you :-)

I just saw TRW is adding 2 trw university classes. It would be too much to ask to come to Boston, but I would love to see them here.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Wed May 21, 2014 2:03 pm

I hear ya, Linda! I couldn't believe it was only Wednesday! Did your fridge get fixed? I hope so!

As busy as I've been it should be Friday but no go! All the vinyl I ordered from TRW came so now I can try making the decorations for the doors for decorating the hall for 8th Grade Memory night at the Church. My sister asked how I would decorate the doors, if I would tape cuts out, etc. Of course, I didn't keep my mouth shut ;-)! Said since the doors are slab, I would try the sign vinyl and all of sudden I was on the decorating grunt list. At least I get to play with the vinyl and the cutter, so that is good!

The structural engineer came out and took measurements for the remodel, I'm so tired of having one burner that works. I was concerned we would end up with a glue lam or 'I' beam (read heavy and $$) but he said the stretch is just under the recommended length for those. So, we (family, why do you think I keep getting pulled into my sister's stuff :-)) should be able to do this without having to have a crew to lift the beam.

I hope everyone is busy and having fun!!
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by Julie » Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Evening ;)

It's been one loong long week. Getting ready to head to Little Rock on Friday, picking hubby up on the way, dropping 4 legged son off at school on the way.. I do hate leaving him there at school, i just miss him to bits but i know he is just off having fun.. Here is a video of him at school today https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=52 ... =2&theater

it's jsut great for all the dogs there, they have such a good time and come home pooped!!

Took some time away from the office today and took the girls and our laptops to Panera Bread for lunch and design work. Sat there for 4 hours lol. it was great and I think we might actually make a thing of it.

Linda, what did you do about the fridge situation? lool
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Julie » Wed May 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Having a proud mum moment, here is another one of him.. He seems to be a leg man lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=52 ... =2&theater

Just love the way he seems to have a smile on his face at the end.

We are actually looking to adopt another Boxer next week that just came into the Boxer rescue place. Nervous and excited for my boy to have a live in BFF.. But he does get jealous when other dogs or hubby come to think of it get my attention, so will have to play it cool for a while
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 am

Morning!
Fridge seems to be working. I have to check the ice cream I put in the freezer last night before I am willing to put actual food in the stupid thing.

Maggie, we are embarking on my 30 year old kitchen too, gut job! Everything is in the garage right now, just waiting for the contractor to start.

Julie,Tank is cute and clearly has a thing for that pit. I am having some serious puppy fever, but I know Dixie will have no part of it.

Working on a big job, it took me 2 days to get the transfers done. I love this customer, but every shirt has 3 or 3 different colors and sizes an different color transfer confirmation. Keeping it straight can be tough. It must also be baseball/softball and tennis season based on sales this week too.

Planning on some time with my boy today. He has done nothing more than sleep and play video games since he came home. I have to remind him to take his dry cleaning in today so he can have it back before he leaves again.

Ok, going to hunt down coffee, I riled it and picked up some cream for my coffee last nigh....wish me luck
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun May 25, 2014 8:15 am

Good morning! Fridge is working!
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Took some play time yesterday with a friend :-) it was fun.

Weather has been less than stellar, getting late start today, so I need some coffee and a shower,then heading to the basement for a few hours to catch up a bit. Then I am going to take my boy to the market and convince him to cook dinner tomorrow. Keeping it all low key this weekend. Just hanging with my boys :-)

Younger boy has a date today. Yes he is dating "that girl" from the prom. I will get to meet her later today.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to (The Water Cooler) General Off-Topic Discussions