Help me spend my $$

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Help me spend my $$

PostPosted by Init2blingit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am

I have purchased a GCC Expert 24 cutter (using it is a whole 'nother story) and I am using corel draw and also trying out the Stone Wizard macro. But with the package a bought, I get $250 worth of downloads on TRW. I need some good advice on what to purchase with it? My main business is vinyl design apparel like shirts, jackets, bags, backpacks, etc....with a little bit in the rhinestone department as well. I already have a heat press. What should I use my money to buy? :?:
Init2blingit

Re: Help me spend my $$

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 am

I don't spend others money but here is my advice. I don't think you need to spend it all at once. Do some shopping around the site. There has to be more than 1000 designs and new ones coming all the time. See how much what you like adds up to.

If you already have a business, want to add rhinestones, go with the subject that sells the best for you already and build for there.

The only thing I might purchase is something you love just for you. Foe me it's been some of the more abstract things. I like the snow pattern, I've used it on just about everything. I love the tribal heart swishy design, I love flowers. Ok I up have a point. It's so you can wear some rhinestones to help show what you do :-)

No need to jump in and spend it all at once, it will go quickly anyway, but figure out what will best work for you and your existing customers.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Init2blingit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:59 am

Hi Linda. My voucher instructions say I have to use it all at one time. So I can't break it up :( I don't do a lot of rhinestones so I want to make sure I get designs and fonts especially that are not JUST for stones. I want to be able to do vinyl shirts, decals and glitter designs as well.
Init2blingit

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 am

Ok, didn't know that you had to spend it all at once. Vinyl fonts are easy, hit your regular font library, there are tons of free fonts on the web. All of Matt's fonts are rhinestone with the exception of the polka dot font and the cheveron font (I like them both)

Here is the link for the vector files. Some if the multi dec you can absolutely leave off the rhinestones or replace them in a different way. Your $$ will go fast here, so load up your card, see what you get :-)

http://therhinestoneworld.com/shop-onli ... ort=normal
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 am

-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 am

I would consider getting a good alphabet that you can use to do names on the back along with a 6 inch number pack..
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Init2blingit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 pm

I can only use them on downloads, so I can't purchase vinyl like I would like to do. Too many choices for me to pick from....I'm gonna try and figure out the most popular ones and go from there I guess.
Init2blingit

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Lots of choices for sure. I do really like the 2 vinyl fonts I posted for you above. They make a nice love squared design. Great for 3/4 initials a well. I have gotten good use from the ultimate sports pack, love squared add ones have been good for me too. They work well surrounded by text which you can do in vinyl. The eat sleep add on words have been very handy. Take School name add HOCKEY below, Custom! Take your time, see how pieces might work well with other pieces to make something new.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by redheadedmonkeys » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:41 pm

OK, I am a lazy bimbo, so I am going to describe some items and you will have to find the links yourself.

1. 2 row arial font for names on the back of jerseys
2. Megabling numbers for the backs of jerseys
3. 3" tall 2 color numbers for numbers on sleeves
4. Large Sports hearts. ALL OF THEM. They sell like a son-of-a-gun and customers are so happy when they get them.
5. Go through each sports section and pick out one or two designs from each. Biggest sales are Baseball, cheer, hockey, and football. Part of what sells most for you will depend on if you are doing mostly internet or local sales. My sales are web-based, so it doesn't matter that no one plays hockey here. I get tons of sales from Iowa and Wisconsin. If you are doing mostly local sales, go heavy on sports that are big where you live.
Liz Woodrow
Redheaded Monkeys
http://www.redheadedmonkeys.etsy.com
redheadedmonkeys

PostPosted by Init2blingit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice, I am trying to spend this as we speak. Harder than I thought. Liz, where do you get the HTV designs that you have? I do more vinyl than rhinestones honestly. My stuff is for local sales, I don't do internet stuff.
Init2blingit

PostPosted by redheadedmonkeys » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 pm

I don't purchase my HTV designs. I make my own. I occasionally buy elements from shutterstock and modify them though.
Liz Woodrow
Redheaded Monkeys
http://www.redheadedmonkeys.etsy.com
redheadedmonkeys

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?