What is the best way to store precuts?

This is the general discussion area to post any questions you have about the rhinestone business.

What is the best way to store precuts?

PostPosted by stitchandsparkle » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:50 pm

A few months ago I purchased one of those storage container that has dividers that hang. That is where I store all of my precut templates. Have not used the precuts for about 6 months now since I was not doing anything because of surgery. Now that I am able to start doing rhinestones I notice that a lot of my precuts especially letters had fallen to the bottom. Hopefully they will still work ok and have not wasted money. Wondering how do you all store your precuts? Do you lay them down and lay something on top so they keep staying in their place? Thanks
stitchandsparkle

Re: What is the best way to store precuts?

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:52 pm

For me, it's binders with the plastic page protectors. You can use both sides if the plastic, You can store the binders flat, easy enough to slip a paper with notes inside the plastic sleeves as well like a file name or font name and size of the template or font. Also easy to maybe print the TRW information right off the website with a picture of the file for reference too.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:44 am

I robbed Lindas idea months ago and its perfect!!
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Administrator » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:04 am

That is a great way to do it Linda. At the very least always replace the it on a clean dust and debris free surface such as a fresh piece of hot fix tape backing to prevent dust and dirt from building up. Have a great day everyone. Ryan.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted by amyo11 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 am

Dixie's Chick wrote:For me, it's binders with the plastic page protectors. You can use both sides if the plastic, You can store the binders flat, easy enough to slip a paper with notes inside the plastic sleeves as well like a file name or font name and size of the template or font. Also easy to maybe print the TRW information right off the website with a picture of the file for reference too.

do you stick them right on the page protectors??
amyo11

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:18 am

Yes! You can use both sides and use the pocket between for information, like a file name size of letters etc.

What works so well with this is it takes up less space, you can sort by sport, fonts or whatever, but because they are binders/sheets, its always movable, you can flip through and see what you have without ever taking them off the backer. The other plus is that it cuts way down on dust and you can store the binders flat.

The longer you are in this biz, the more files you will have, it's so nice to be able to go to and find pretty easily if you can keep it organized.

The best time of year to do this set up is in August with back to school sales. Staples always has stuff on sale.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Ajp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 am

Linda I love your idea of the protectors. Have a question though. Your SF template is stuck to protector, is it hard to get off, I would have thought sticking to that kind of plastic would make it very stuck! Also what about transfer tape? Right now I have my SF stuck to the smooth side of the transfer tape carrier sheet and the transfer tape is on the other side. Kind of nice because everything is together but it seems like I go through a lot of transfer tape.
Ajp

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 am

I have no problem getting the flock on and off the page protectors. I don't care for the transfer tape method, I find it hard to organize my stuff that way. the other advantage of the binder is it keeps dust of the templates, everything is on "the same size" plastic and you can move you stuff around really easily as your template grow. Using the pockets for notes is really helpful including placement, color choices etc.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Ajp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks Linda, my binders and protectors are suppose to be here today and I was trying to figure out the best way to use them for the SF.
How do you do your stone sample designs? I got enough binders for the moment that I was going to press design onto black felt then place in binder pockets, then place a note with info on it in the corner.
Ajp

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't make samples. I do photograph everything we make. Books are great if you are going to a show. Even better is wearing your goods.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to General Rhinestone Questions for TRW?