Sticky Flock Workstation?

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Sticky Flock Workstation?

PostPosted by Lmscraps » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 pm

What is the purpose of the sticky flock workstation on the cookie sheet? I watched the video on how to make it, but they didn't explain how it is used....
Thanks,
Lisa
Lmscraps

Re: Sticky Flock Workstation?

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm not a fan of the cookie sheet, it's just too small for me and it is too easy to knock over, ask me how I know :-)

You should have some kind of a workstation, I have a large 12x24 board covered in flock, others have other kinds of stations. You use sticky flock as the base because flock layers on flock well without stretching. The cookie sheet has a built in anchor system, duct tape has worked well for me on my big workstation.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Lmscraps » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm

So is it basically a system for containing the stones?
Lmscraps

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:06 am

A system for giving you a place to put your flock for stacking when making transfers. I just think a tray is small, some like it. And I don't care for the confining lip while others like it.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:24 pm

I used a deli pan (they call them donut pans) from Smart and Final. Its about 18 x 24.

Yes, it helps contain the stones but (big but) there is flex in those pans and if someone puts a full bottle of stones in it while they're stoning or leans an elbow in and lifts up you end up with stones flying like confetti! :-D My sister has done that a half dozen times and won't change to a mat that I have, she likes how sturdy this pan feels. I finally bought one of those silicone brushes with a long handle to pick up the stones that fly, I was getting tire of being on my knees with old transfer tape or a lint roller picking stones.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

PostPosted by mrsfarmer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:17 pm

What is the silicone brush you are talking about? I have stones that fly around too sometimes!

Spirit Sparkle wrote: I finally bought one of those silicone brushes with a long handle to pick up the stones that fly, I was getting tire of being on my knees with old transfer tape or a lint roller picking stones.
~~~Idette~~~
~Threaded Ink~
mrsfarmer

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Sam's was selling them. They are like a lint brush but instead of tearing off the tape sheet, its silicone. The 'stuff' (dirt, dust, stones) sticks to it, then to clean it you rinse it in water and everything comes off. I put a paper towel down pick out the stones.
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?