sticky floc question

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

sticky floc question

PostPosted by Char » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Ok so now I am confused.
My order came which I had ordered a starter test kit. It came with a grey sheet that had a clear cover stuck to it.
I also ordered some sticky floc blue and green. They came with no clear cover sheet. What is the difference? Why the clear cover over the grey sticky floc and not the blue and green.
I am guessing that the grey sheet is to be used on the cookie sheet. Am I correct? Peel off the back and stick it to the cookie sheet... peel off the front when ready to use? Correct ? or am i missing something..

thanks.. feeling really dumb :roll:

As always, thanks..
Char
Winpc 2014
Bling Things
Artisan cheesemaker
Animal Trainer
Char

Re: sticky floc question

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

All of the flock is the same. DiscRd the plastic sheet before cutting. Cut flock color side up. Some save the sheet for pock removal, sticky side to sucky side.

Remember to cut a litter at a time until you get an easy weeding of the flock from the white wax paper.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 am

Did the Blue or the green on a roll or are they sheets?

It could be that the sheet is intended for a work station sheet!!
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Char » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am

blue and green are sheets, without plastic cover
grey is a sheet with plastic cover.. I think it is the grey they sent with the test kit, which would make it the workstation sheet... still wondering why the plastic on the grey sf
Char
Winpc 2014
Bling Things
Artisan cheesemaker
Animal Trainer
Char

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 am

The plastic is just a protective covering, the rolls come with it. If Matt bought the gray as sheets, it too would have come with a protective covering. It's just trash.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Erika » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:49 pm

I ordered a starter test kit as well and the gray sheet I got had a clear coating too. I believe that is the work station and not sticky flock. So when you cut your sf design you put it on the gray sheet to stone it....that's what I use it for anyway, I could be wrong.
Erika

PostPosted by Julie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 pm

LOL

You are right, if you watch any of TRW stoning videos you will see that they always have SF that they put their SF designs on.. It's to hold you templates in place and help keep them clean and protected from dirty surfaces and ripping... I have a lint roller on hand and brush mine off regularly to keep the templates clean ;)
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 am

Really, peal off the plastic coating sheet. All sticky flock is the same :-) if you stick another piece of sticky flock on the plastic coating it will peal off anyway. i swear, its trash!
Use whatever color you like for your workstation. I use pink, some use gray others use green. All up to you.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Char » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am

ok ladies thanks for setting me straight... in a few weeks i'm sure i will be laughing at my stupidity hahahaha..
Char
Winpc 2014
Bling Things
Artisan cheesemaker
Animal Trainer
Char

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?