Shirt Supplier?

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Shirt Supplier?

PostPosted by idemcd » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:10 am

I have looked for leads on what I am about to ask but have not come across any info that might help me. I have been ordering shirts at 10. and change (l500 Port authority). Is there a secret society that i need to belong to to get a better price on shirts? I have found the same thing for v neck t shirts that i have ordered 5. and change each. I make more profit buying the basic tee at Hobby Lobby for 2 and change but the look is so different. Any words from the wise? My fingers and eyes are sore from searching and searching for a supplier that is more practical on the internet. Am i looking for $hirts in all the wrong places?
idemcd

Re: Shirt Supplier?

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 pm

You may be looking for shirts in the wrong place. Not everyone is going to want a $2 t shirt, you need to know what your market is and how they want to dress.

There are several wholesale places (lots actually) where a ladies shirt will be anywhere for 4-15 depending on what you are getting. Most people double that wholesale price. You will need a tax I'd number to buy from the wholesale places.

I like jiffy shirts if you don't. They ship next day and have a minimum order of $60 for free shipping. The shirts cost more than wholesale but are still reasonably priced.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by o&m » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi Dixie,

I have several suppliers that I have sent my business license to, depending on what my customet wants.

Here are some of the suppliers i use.

Broder, Alpha, Sanmar, mcreary's (they are local to me and I can pick up shirts from there). Bodek and rhodes.

Hope this information helps.

(Edited)
o&m

PostPosted by idemcd » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:24 am

Thank you both for your feedback and advice. I will look into all of the suggested vendors.
idemcd

PostPosted by debrapayne » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Be sure you have the state tax id as Linda said so you will get wholesale prices. Sounds like you are paying retail for them.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Jazzi Tude » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am still new but I have order my shirts from T-ShirtWholesaler.com and they do not require you have a state tax id for certain states. You can give them a call, they carried most of the tees that I was looking for. I have my state tax id and will try out the other sites for wholesale pricing.

Thanks you the info....

Jazzi
Jazzletude Bling Boutique
"Where BLINGS come true..."
Jazzi Tude

PostPosted by shorty837 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:53 am

I'm looking to start my own business making shirts if anyone can give me info on were to buy good but cheap shirts i would appreciate it! Also any other info you could help with thank you so much! Is this a profitable business to get into?
shorty837

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

welcome to the forum.
There is a ton of information in the pages here, not sure It is possible to put it all into one post.

look for wholesale shirts online. IF you have a tax ID it will allow you accounts at a whole host of place. If not, try Jiffy Shirts or shirt space. Prices will be higher, but you don't have to buy as much.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by shorty837 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Thank you so much I will begin my search!
shorty837

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?