Help

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Help

PostPosted by Jnet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Hello,

I wanted to start my own little business out of my home. I have been doing shirts by hand by printing out downloads and using my iron. I wanted to know what I need to purchase to get myself started. I have no idea what software I need etc. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jnet

Re: Help

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 am

Welcome to the forum.
There is a lot of information here but this is my best advice from my experience. Get good software, it will always be the bread and butter of what you do. You can change and manipulate purchased files and of course make your own custom stuff. I highly recomend the wizard with corel, it's been really easy to learn. There are thousands of corel videos and Matt is a really good teacher for the macro.

You need a cutter, they run envy where from about 300 and up, there is tue cameo which os a craft cutter, us cutter has some, don't go below the SC on their line, lots of people have the gcc expert 24. I think the cameo is a good little cutter with some size limitations, but I think the software is not great, so take some time to read the cameo section to get fully informed.

A heat press needs to be no less than 15x15 and needs a digital read out for temp and time, other than that the rest is bells an whistles.

Feel free to ask questions, we are here to help.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by debrapayne » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 am

Hi There, welcome to our little group. I have done the by hand methods for years and boy are you in for some fun!!! Just can't wait for you to see the difference of the way stones are done now!!! Linda has given you some fantastic advice as always. You will find recommendations for everything you need, pro and cons all through our forum. I think number one is GET A HEAT PRESS! Applying stones with an iron is risky business. You will never get the same pressure and heat needed to really stick those stones that will stay on for the life of the shirt. You don't have to spend a fortune to start off but the difference is amazing. Let us know how we can help you get started.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Spirit Sparkle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:21 am

Hi!

Linda and Deb always have the best advice! Heat press was my first purchase because of their advice. Cutter was the next big purchase (best to read up on those in the forum and ask questions) and if you are lucky it will come with software that you can use. I think about the time of the cutter is the decision on the software to make/cut templates, again read up in the forum. Many of them have multiple programs, I don't yet but I am beginning to understand why they do.

Then, you'll be spending your $$ on sticky flock and rhinestones and understand about sticky flock fleas or warts. :-)
Maggie
Spirit Sparkle
Spirit Sparkle

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?