How do I do this?

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

How do I do this?

PostPosted by burghcreations » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Ladies,
Still debating on starting this business, but in the meantime, I'm preparing a site. I figure if I get the site finished and it looks good, it will work out. If I don't get it finished or it looks like crap, it won't work out. Not much of a business plan, is it? :lol:

I've explored some fantastic websites some of you very creative women have designed and I am amazed at the sites. I hope I can design a site that looks a 1/4 as professional as all of yours!

So, my questions (for today) are:
1) Can anyone recommend a FREE website that worked well for you? I could use google sites, I guess...would that work?
2) How did all of you have your designs on the shirts? Some of the shirts even look like a 'body' is wearing the shirt. I really like that and would love to do it. I know Matt is having great program released soon that will do this, but I won't be able to afford it for awhile. But, then I thought, some of you are doing this already, but how?

Thanks!!
Hope you all are having a great weekend!
burghcreations

Re: How do I do this?

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 am

My husband does our website. He is a software/programmer/engenier by profession.

There are some free sites, big commerce, ewid (Matt use ewid), esty and a few others integrate into Facebook and I know many use Facebook as their store front.

A website has been a total PITA, you have to make sure you have all the options, add this add that, shirt style, colors of stones, colors of shirts, vinyl choices if you are going to do that.

I would say our website has take a full year to get close to right. I still have a few things I want to add. We run everything through it, taxes, shipping, coupons etc. it's just not that easy.

Everyone does mock ups differently. Shirts for me come off of bedeck and rhods. You can download them with an account, but there are a ton for free on the web. I personally like things standardized, I am a little OCD like that :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:48 am

Evening

I am on my 4th website now and wished I would have researched it all before i started on the first...

Make a list of what features you would like your site to have and go from there. While there are not tons of places out there that are free, there are lots that will give you anything from a 7 day trial to a month and those are worth playing with.. If nothing else it will help with any skills building but also what you think will or wont work... Linda Listed a few for you.. Big Commerce, ECommerce, shopafi wix ecwid and it goes on and on and on. Just need to find out what will work for you.

As for the tee's, TRW will do that for you, in the mean time, if you want tee's with the body in them, you can pay or those pictures or, if your handy with photoshop you can design them yourself.. It's a little long winded tho
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by debrapayne » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:54 am

One way to get some good mock ups is to register with Bodek and Rhodes as a wholesale customer. When you do that you can take any shirt they offer and bring it into their design studio. Save a copy of the design with the color stones and add the free sparkles Matt offers. Export it as a .jpeg file and then you can upload it to the B &R design studio. Then you can place it on whatever shirt you are considering for the design and then save it back to your computer as a .png file. Then convert that image to another.jpeg and you have a nice picture of the shirt itself, a "body" and your design. Sounds complicated but once you try it, and get used to the it, it is great!!
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?