Quantities for discount???

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Quantities for discount???

PostPosted by Taby0x » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm putting my price list together, getting ready to present my designs to my first school (I'm so nervous but excited). I've figured out my pricing and am now working on my discount schedule. My question is: At what quantities do you increase the discounts for apparel designs? For example: 1-5 pc= Regular $, 6-11pc=5% 12-71pc=10% 72-216pc = 15% 217+pc =20%.

Is this reasonable or am I way off?
Thx.
Taby0x

Re: Quantities for discount???

PostPosted by debrapayne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Hey Taby, Only you can make the decision and it isn't easy. I don't give volume discounts on the rhinestone shirts. If I present to a school, I figure out what I am happy with which is less than retail and just do them all at that price. Unless you have your shirts priced fairly high, when you go past 10% you are really cutting into the profit you make. What I do is tell them what retail price I get and then the price they can buy them for. This helps them to see how much profit they can make per shirt.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm

I do offer a discount, for 6 then again at 10. past that there is still all the work and the prices for me don't change anyway so there is no advantage to deep discounting at all.

I do it because it pushes the groups like gym teams, cheer squads and sports groups to push for that extra discount, they collect the $$ I send out 1 order.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by purpleroses72 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Dixie - what is your discount, if you don't mind sharing? 5% at 6 then 10% at 10? Or do you do a set $ amount?
purpleroses72

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:54 am

:-) those discounts are going to be up to you and where you are comfortable based on what you pay for supplies and what you charge for finished product.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?