Want to get a business started...Help!

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Want to get a business started...Help!

PostPosted by KatandLola » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Kathy and I am a lover of all things bling! :D When I came across this site I felt like I have died and gone to heaven! A friend and I recently started a childrens boutique focused on offering all embellished products and would LOVE to add customized shirts, diaper bags, etc. What would you recommend for someone like me, just starting out, and not familiar with any of the processes and programs, to get started. I don't really want to spend a fortune right off the bat, just in case it doesn't work out for me. Any ideas / recommendations? Also I tried to find somewhere on this site to for startup kits, machines, etc but don't see anything. Am I just in the wrong place? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
KatandLola

Re: Want to get a business started...Help!

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I highly recommend you start here and familiarize yourself with all things making bling...http://thedecalworld.com/bling/free-rhi ... tone-world

Lots of really good information which should help you out.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Julie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi kat,

The options for you are endless!!! I think you will have to do some more research and what better place than here. We have people from all over that do just about everything. Take a look at what designs TRW has to offer and maybe you could just invest in a couple of pre cut templates and see if its for you. Maybe something like the birthday cupcakes where you can place little peoples numbers ;) Not sure if you have a heat press or not or have access to one, but if nothing else you will want to invest in one of those and you can get them for as little as a couple hundred.

See how it goes from there, get feed back from your customers and who knows where the bling will take you lol
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by debrapayne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 am

Hey Kat, here are a few things to remember when doing children's clothing. You will have to use Low Lead stones to comply with new laws. They are approved for children's wear. Then I would think about a hat press. The tiny little clothing fits great on a hat press and is great. What this helps with is that when you put, say a onsie on a regular press, you have no way to avoid all the seams, snaps and rolled necklines. Depending on the fabric, it can keep you from getting a good press on the garment. With a hat press, you can just press the area for the stones and it works great. You might want to check out Matt's bling-n-thing sheets too. They stick strongly to hard surfaces which might work for you on some things. I would avoid things like terry cloth and blankets though. The nap will let stones come off and you don't want that with babies. The ideas are endless just keep safety in mind also. Let us know how it goes and be sure to post pics when you get going.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by KatandLola » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank you so much for the advice! I am definatley going to take a look to see what is out there! I am so excited!
KatandLola

PostPosted by debrapayne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 am

Just let us know how we can help
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?