Shipping Decals

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Shipping Decals

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 pm

How is everyone packaging the decals when you ship? I had one in my bag to show someone and I just threw it in my big bag....well it got lost in there and quarter of the decal folded over and stones popped off! I am trying to figure out how to package them for shipping.
glamrhinestones

Re: Shipping Decals

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:36 am

Not sure what you are doing to you decals, mine are really soft ad flexable. You might want to sacrifice one and see if pealing the backing off it pops stones. If it does, that's not good, they should be able to bend around a bit so you can put them on things like glasses if you want.

Anyway, packing. I have yet to get them but they make a glacine bag, I think you can get at the craft store...for the most part I have been using sandwich baggies and shipping flat rate gift mailers. Larger ones are in the letter size mailers still flat rate. Larger ones I cut up the larger mailers, and put a few in then layer them into a larger mailing box.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by luvthatbling » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't make the window decals but for my rhinestone transfers I sandwich them between two pieces of cardboard and then tape the cardboard together before placing it in an envelope. Never had a customer complain that any rhinestones shifting. I'm sure this would work with the decals too.
Lori
luvthatbling

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 am

Linda- They are soft and flexible however part of it folded over and it remained that way until I found it in my bag. I have found that putting them in my purse is BAD and I need to keep them from bending. The stones popped off of from the "line" where it was folded, I have used the decals for windows and have had no problems (I am knocking on heavy wood)

I will take both of your advice on the bags and cardboard. I have thought about buying those PVC tube plastics and sealing them myself.
glamrhinestones

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 am

Well, yes, tossing them in your purse is not the best place for them :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 pm

So my concern is ...if I mail them, I want them to remain flat and prevent popping of stones. I will try the bags
glamrhinestones

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:10 am

Honestly, I just use the flat rate gift envelopes or letter size envelopes $5.10, and have yet to have anyone tell me somethig went wrong.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by glamrhinestones » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks Linda!! I will try that. I purchased some PVC bubble mailers on ebay, I think those would work.
glamrhinestones

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?