please help. looking for simple software and cutter

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

please help. looking for simple software and cutter

PostPosted by jorgeinmiami » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I have been reading the forums for a while. I wanted to purchase the premade flock templates. But i guess that can be more expensive. I am not interested in making my own designs. Just looking for a simple software were i can just send the downloaded files as they come straight to the cutter. Im not handy with any sign software. Just looking for something that just sends the files to the cutter.. the easier the better. Im not going to create my own designs.

Also was looking at the uscutter which model should i get.

Thank you.
jorgeinmiami

Re: please help. looking for simple software and cutter

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 pm

If you are looking at us cutter, don't get less than the SC. The model lower seems to have issues with the tracking. If you can afford better, that should never be a problem.

I understand the software that comes with the cutter is fre for the first year and then you have to pay for it.

I nightly recommend ine of the package deals from rhinestone designz. Scott or resident winpcsign guy, is amazing. There are several packages he an Matt out together including a font and number lack that may be just what you want.

http://www.rhinestonedesignz.com/RD-TRW-Specials.html
Or just the software http://www.rhinestonedesignz.com/Software.html

The software may be more than you want for right now, but being able to manipulate file for mock ups and "custom" designs even if you didn't make the design yourself is a big part of being able to sell designs.

If you think about having to cut every file to make a sample, you will never get ahead, sometimes you only want to make a picture until,someone wants it.

Just a thought. We will help support you in whatever you decide to do.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by jorgeinmiami » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 pm

But if i just want to download the files for now and just send them to cutter will the software that comes with the cutter enough
jorgeinmiami

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

It might and it should be if it takes eps files, I don't know anything about the software. If you can hang on for a bit, deb should be along or Julie. I din't have a us cutter.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by debrapayne » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Okay, Deb to the rescue!! LOL You will get a program called sign cut with a us cutter. You will have use of it for one year at which point you will have to buy the dongle which is somewhere around $300. Sign cut will open a .eps format file which is what you will download from Matt. You will then be able to cut the file but.......some of Matt's files are very large and you will need to split them up to get them to cut. You will need somekind of software to manipulate the files. You cannot do that in the Sign Cut program. There is a free program out there call inkscape that will let you bring in Matt's files and do any changes to and then export as a .eps format which will let you cut. Here's my thoughts. Inkscape is a pain in the butt to learn. I used it years and years ago and I don't have a clue what they have changed so it may be better now. You will get addicted to this just like we all have and you will not want to quit doing it after a year which means you will have to buy the dongle. You would be better off to talk to Scott, get the WinPicSign 2012. That way you are set! No other software is needed and you will not have to buy the $300 dongle after a year. The benefits you will gain by learning the WinPCSign along with us and Scott's fantastic help on the forum is well worth saving the money for the dongle and getting the software. This is just my opinion and we will help whatever you decide. Just wanted you to look at all sides before you purchase something that is going to limit you right off the bat.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by jorgeinmiami » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank u great help
jorgeinmiami

PostPosted by debrapayne » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Anytime
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Gris822 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am

This post has all the info I was looking for..thanks!
Gris822

PostPosted by debrapayne » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

Always glad we can help!
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Gris822 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:09 pm

With the winpic software are you able to manipulate a design to make it smaller? For ex. some of Matt's designs are big, so would I be able to adjust the designs dimensions to fit a child size?
Gris822

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 pm

only by changing the while design to a smaller stone. Matt does most of the designs in a 10, to overall re size you go to a 6. I do this all the time. BUT the 6 stones can be a pita.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Gris822 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 pm

oh i see, so the software wont help you in adjusting the dimensions of the designs? it would only change if you used smaller stones...hmm..
Gris822

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm

this is going to be true of all software. Once a design is "set in stone" the only way to change it is to start from scratch.
What you can do with software is take pieces and parts of designs and make something new to fit what you need or create your own stuff.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?