Looking to get into the Bling Business?

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Looking to get into the Bling Business?

PostPosted by Administrator » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 pm

If you are brand new and have any questions about getting into the rhinestone business post your questions here. We can let you know everything you need to succeed!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Looking to get into the Bling Business?

PostPosted by blairbsb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Matt, when ordering the ultimate sports package, is there an option to choose which sports are included? Thanks, Beverly
blairbsb

PostPosted by Administrator » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Hey Beverly, With the ultimate sports package all of the sports are included in it. You will see all of the sports in the product image. Let us know if you have any questions.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted by Envy my Bling » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi, I am new to the site, and new to blinging. I look forward to hearing everyones advice...
thanks for helping us newbies out!!

Veronica
Envy my Bling

PostPosted by mydivaboutique » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Matt,

The Little League Starter Kit has an image with the Football Mom and Letters, but it's not listed in the "Included in this Kit" section. Are you just showing an example of what you can use the $100 pre-cut templates on or are those actually included in the kit?
My Diva Boutique
Fashion Accessories & Rhinestone Apparel
www.mydivaboutique.com
info@mydivaboutique.com
mydivaboutique

PostPosted by Administrator » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes, That is just an example of what you "Could" get for the kit. You get to choose up to $100 from any designs on the site though.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted by debrapayne » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 am

Hey Beverly, Welcome to our group! Lots of information on the forum and tons of really nice people to answer questions. Just ask away and somebody will be able to help out.
Deb
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by missdoctorlady » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:00 pm

(This is a repost from my welcome post)
I am new and excited about starting my rhinestone t-shirt experience. I am not sure which starter kit to order: the Little Leaque with the Sticky Flock or with the regular template material. I have a cutter that cuts the rhinestone patterns, so I'm not sure which material would be best.

Please help. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
missdoctorlady

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Welcome! Sticky flock all the way. If you watch Matt's videos you can see how versatile it reall is.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by sparkling_sports » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:02 pm

STICK-E! STICK-E! STICK-E!
sparkling_sports

PostPosted by debrapayne » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Yep! We all love Sticky Flock and Matt!!! You are in the right place!!!
Deb
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by 2STRONG » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Sticky for me also. Great product.
Hello im Manny
2STRONG

PostPosted by rhinestoneimage » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Any thoughts on the Jaguar IV cutter for starting out, and does it come with its own interface? If I decided to buy the Jaguar IV cutter, what's really the best software combination to use with it when designing/cutting vinyl & rhinestone decals and apparel? Should I purchase Coreldraw x5 with SmartDesigner x4.5? Or a stand-alone program that's for both vinyl and rhinestone? I want to maximize my business without overspending.
rhinestoneimage

PostPosted by rhinestoneimage » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 pm

How do I find information about sports trademark infringements. Does anyone know if, by law, I can design and sell a college (non-pro) sports t-shirt or decal? What about local schools and events?
rhinestoneimage

PostPosted by debrapayne » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

You can get in big trouble. LOL Most of the college logos are copyrighted. Like I can do a word like Tennessee and then a word like Volunteers but I cannot use them together on a shirt. Most colleges have the same deal. And for sure, stay away from the pro teams. Local schools are not copyrighted but I always check. Most events you need to ask permission. I am doing a big State wide tournament "TNT". I agreed not to put any bling shirts out with "TNT" on them because they will be selling screen printed shirts with with the logo for their profit and didn't want me to compete with that. No Problem. I always try to check. Just saves trouble down the road.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by rhinestoneimage » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Gotcha. I was going to make samples and give to high schools and colleges to get my foot in the door to become one of their vendors.
rhinestoneimage

PostPosted by gymmom3 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey Deb,
Are you in TN? My son is going to UT in the fall (if I can't talk him out of it, LOL-we live in Wisconsin.)
Kris
Kris
Rhinestone Krystals by Kris
gymmom3

PostPosted by debrapayne » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm

I do. UT is about 4 hours away though. It is a great school. And talk about school spirit. Get ready for ALOT of that neon orange stuff!!! LOL

As for the high schools and colleges, You can do things for college just don't use their logos. Make up your own. The high schools should be no problem.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by gymmom3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Yes, he came home from his visit already sporting that orange. Not really my thing but it is growing on me. I am working on a blinged "T" for myself. I guess I need to buy orange stones, LOL.
Kris
Rhinestone Krystals by Kris
gymmom3

PostPosted by debrapayne » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:27 am

Just don't copy their T!! They are very picky about it!!!
Deb
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by schapkaren » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 pm

I have everything to get started but not sure what to start with first?? I have material for the car decals and sticky flock, rhinestones etc you know what I mean lol. I have a cutter the GCC Puma III have yet to set up. Can someone tell me if this is a good cutter?? Just a little FYI I am willing to take advice and suggestions I am also looking for some workshops to. I WANT TO GO TO THE ORLANDO EXPO AS I THINK THAT WOULD HELP ME WITH THE BUSINESS HOWEVER I DON'T KNOW ANYONE . If there is anyone here from MARYLAND OR EAST COAST WOULD LOVE TO MEET .
Thank you to everyone!! :D
schapkaren

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Karen, I am on the east coast, we are all here to help you get going.

Do you have software? You have a good cutter so don,t worry about that. Matt and his videos are going to be your best way to Lear about how this stuff works. We have all been where you are. There is a learning curve, for everyone. Take it slow, ask questions and read the board.

None of us have met each other, well most of us, and some of us will meets up at the Orlando show, come along and meet the crew!
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by debrapayne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Sure, Karen, we are only an online family right now but after ISS, we will be able to put faces to the names. Come and join us. Some good group discussions will help us all.
Deb
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by psgtech » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and very interested and excited to get into the tshirt bling! This will be the first thing I have done like this. I'm a crafty person and so I think i will enjoy this and hope to make some money while doing it. I have a Cricut Expression and was wandering if you can cut templates and how you would go about doing it? Do you have to have a special software for the rhinestones or what? I have the blade that will work on the sf. Again i'm totally green at this and any and all info on getting started will be helpful. I have already applied for my sales tax # so step one is out of the way.
psgtech

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 pm

PSG, welcome to the boards.
I have heard 50/50 on the circuit cutters. best to order a sheet of flock and see how it works for you :-) it does take some practice to get a good cut and get good weeding, I am just afraid that the cutter does not have enough down force.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Next

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?