Looking to get into the Bling Business?

Here we will answer any questions you have about starting a rhinestone business and if it is right for you???

Re: Looking to get into the Bling Business?

PostPosted by debrapayne » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:02 am

I bought a Cricut Expression when I first started and it was money wasted as far as so many things went. I outgrew it's abilities very shortly after thepurchase. There are people using them I think but it has even gotten harder to get the files in and out of it. Someone will be along who will help out on how to do it now. You might want to get a starter kit from Matt, see how the things sell for you and then invest in what we call fondly "a big girl cutter." I would save any money I would have to spend on the Cricut andput it towards a new cutter.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by psgtech » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Debra I already have the Cricut Expression and have had it for a while now. I was just wandering if there was a way to use the templates and cut from it to save me some money starting out
psgtech

PostPosted by NicoleGoodrich » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 pm

I have a cricut as well and was wondering the same thing but because you need a cartridge for the cricut I don't think you can.
NicoleGoodrich

PostPosted by debrapayne » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 pm

It has been so long since I even touched the Cricut I can't help you out. sorry. I know when I had it, I could use Sure Cuts A Lot and do alot more with it but I think they have changed it where you cannot even do that. I think most are using the Silhouette Cameo now if they use a craft cutter. You might do a seach on the forum under Cricut and see what pops up.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by justme » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 am

Hey guys was wondering you guys coud point me in the right direction. Looking to buy a cutter and software. Wondering what software you would recommend? I have a couple of options depending on the cutter I get, LXi software or WinPCSIGN Pro 2010?? Was wondering what everyone is using?
justme

PostPosted by debrapayne » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Most of us on here are either using or as in my case, trying to use the WinPCSign2012. Go on and get the upgrade, lots of changes on it. Some of the ones on here are really good at it and will be able to help you with that. I have it, just haven't had time to learn it yet. I recommend US Cutter myself. I have bought two from them. A cheap one that last 2 years and then I upgraded recently. The cheaper ones they have work just fine except for the tracking which comes into play if you are cutting something really long but other wise, they are good starter cutters. Wide Price Range too. Stay away from the craft cutters!!!!! You will out grow it before you get it out of the box. I know nothing about the LXi software, never heard of it. Let us know if we can help.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Don't get the 10, it will never be ugrades and the new features are AWESOME, I had to open my funtime this weekend and it was like balancing the checkbook without a calculator :-)
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by shite » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi from Texas I have a press and buy the premade bling but I am maybe was thinking of starting my own bling business. I came here and am reading I think I'm more confused now then ever. Please tell me where to start which videos I need to watch, supplies best machines????
shite

PostPosted by Julie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi from texas.

To give you the information you need we nreally need to know what you want. Do you want to use pre made templates? cut your own? Design your own? Do you have a budget?
Life is so sweet when you have the perfect weed!
WinPc 2012
UsCutter
Julie

PostPosted by shite » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:19 pm

I saw the premade is that what you use? Think I would like to design and cut my own? Budget more like see if I can afford anything.
shite

PostPosted by debrapayne » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Okay, you can do this two ways. You can get already cut templates from Matt for all of his designs. Then you just need the stones and hot fix tape and the heat press. A few other little things but nothing major. If you want to design you own, you will have to get the software. A lot of us on the forum use the WinPCSign 2012 and the guru of that program is a very helpful member of our forum. Then you will need a vinyl cutter. (Please stay away from the craft cutters) to cut out your template material that you can purchase from Matt. Go with the Sticky Flock from the beginning, best thing that ever happened to rhinestones!! Then of course, the stones, the tape, a brush or two, tweezers and a few minor things. You can go either way and you can get a template or two from Matt to play with to see if you want to expand it to the point of cutting your own templates. The started packs he has are a fantastic way to start and it will give you an idea of the market in your area! Let us know if you need help.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by shite » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm

Debra I understand Matt's precut and I am considering that way for sure. Is that how you started? I was also just confused about the cutter. Ok the sticky flock is what holds the stones in place correct then you place the backing on it til you are ready to press? What is the tape?

And what machines and price where yours? You can send me a personal email if easier ect.
shana_hite@yahoo.com

Thanks
shite

PostPosted by debrapayne » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Shana, if you go to matt's youtube channel, you will find videos that explain every single part of the process. Much easier than trying to write it all out. LOL I have a CoPam2500 cutter which is my second one. It is a upgrade from the first one I got from Us Cutter. That one was only around $200 and did great for over 2 years. It needed some repairs so I just upgraded instead. I bought a heat press off of Ebay but this can get tricky so be sure to check out everything. You can get one for under $200. There are tons of better and more expensive cutters and heat presses that you can get and people will tell you that you need to spend mega bucks. I couldn't do that and gradually upgraded as I could. Hope this helps and if not, just let us know.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by shite » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Yes that helped thanks I was just I guess mainly concerned about software and a cutter , you go websites and of course there's is the machine you have to get ect...
shite

PostPosted by Yu-Nek » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm brand new to the business and off to a rough start. I have a cricut, but I was told that its a little more work and I should purhcase a plotter cutter. I was looking at a USCutter MH-Series Vinyl Cutter, but I'm not sure. What programs would I need and will it allow me to create my own designs? Do you know of any classes I can take? Any help will be greatly apprcicated.
Yu-Nek

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Welcome,
I would grab a drink and watch Matt's videos to start. Best teacher around.
I do hear the circuit is tough, dosen't cut round circles. Have a read around, ask questions and we can help you out.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Yu-Nek » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks for the help. I have watched a few of the videos so far and your right grab a drink and watch. I have learned so much in just a little time. Reading the different post in the forum has also answered a lot of questions.
Yu-Nek

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:13 am

Ahh, glad we could all help, jump in any time
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by ginamartin1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

I was looking into getting started into the bling business....ordered the ultimate sports package and was told that everything came with it and was driected on wat I needed to order......well needless to say I was surprised when I got my package in the mail!!! No stones no brush ....nothing but the templetes.....I paid 508.74 just for the templates....paying that price i feel it should have came wit more...customer service was not great for me....didn't try to accomadate anything other than sorry whoever told you that it did come wit stones brush ...I would have defenatily got a different starter kit that did come with everything...!!!! Needless to say I was upset ..so i got over it and said well i need stones so I was going to order some ....well the person I talked wit wasnt very helpfull and I felt like he was just really eager to get off phone....so no I haven't ordered the stones and not really sure that I will be ordering anything else either...
ginamartin1

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Gina,
I am so sorry you have not had the best experiance. How can we help you turn this around? I think once you get comfortable with how this all works it will become much easier.

So I would say on the need to have list, a brush, I just use the small one, you can get it at the local hardware store. I also love the new tweezers and they are a must.

Next hot fix tape. The one that is nore expencive is the better choice, you will be able to get at least 3 uses out of it some say up to 5 per piece.

Stones, I think the stone packs are a good choice. You will use 10x more on the crystal than anything else.

You need a cookie sheet and a contrasting color sheet of sticky flock to make a wors station. Place the sheet towards 1 end to leave a strip of cookie sheet exposed, that will be your anchor point.

What else can we help you with?

As for stone
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by Administrator » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 pm

ginamartin1 wrote:I was looking into getting started into the bling business....ordered the ultimate sports package and was told that everything came with it and was driected on wat I needed to order......well needless to say I was surprised when I got my package in the mail!!! No stones no brush ....nothing but the templetes.....I paid 508.74 just for the templates....paying that price i feel it should have came wit more...customer service was not great for me....didn't try to accomadate anything other than sorry whoever told you that it did come wit stones brush ...I would have defenatily got a different starter kit that did come with everything...!!!! Needless to say I was upset ..so i got over it and said well i need stones so I was going to order some ....well the person I talked wit wasnt very helpfull and I felt like he was just really eager to get off phone....so no I haven't ordered the stones and not really sure that I will be ordering anything else either...

Hi Gina, Very sorry to hear you had a not great experience. I spoke with Jacob and he informed me that he spoke with you. He had mentioned that he offered you to still purchase a Business starter kit and would include the templates you purchased as part of the template allotment. This way you would still get the savings of almost $100.00 buy purchasing it as a kit. As for the Stones and everything with the ultimate sports pack, I have no clue about that. We have never offered any type of other supplies with the pre-cut ultimate sports package. If you read the description of the package it lists everything that come with the purchase. Not sure who you spoke with today that made you feel like that wanted to get off the phone. Please let me know and I will have a talk with them. That is one thing we do not do. We are here to help you in any way that we can to grow your business. Give us a call tomorrow and ask for Matt. That is me and I will see what we can do to make sure you are taken care of. Our customer supports is what I take the most pride in my business. Thank you for the post and letting me know about this and please give me a call. 941-755-1696.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.

Matt
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted by ginamartin1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Yes he did how ever offer me to purchase more stuff but that was gonna cost me more money....which didn't mind spending the money but when I was told..not sure who it was but he helped me wit the order and I did ask if the stones came wit it and was told they came wit it and what color of the sticky flock I needed....how ever he should have not told me that and then I would have chose a different kit that did have all the stuff with it....I really like your stuff and have found it cheaper than other places that i have looked on...im not trying to get anyone in trouble ...i have decided to put in a order for the stones and other things...just went to web site as i was told to and have placed my order so I will see how this goes.....
Thank you for taking the time out to respond....I guess if i have any other questions i will call and ask for you..
gina
ginamartin1

PostPosted by ginamartin1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Thank you matt for the phone call!!!! That meant alot about how you are standing behind your business to hear from you personally...Thank you for all that you did for me...Like I said I will continue to order from you!!!!
Gina
ginamartin1

PostPosted by debrapayne » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 am

Gina, glad it all worked out. Matt is famous for his customer support and this is the first time I have heard anybody have trouble. Just hang with us and I assure you it will be made right.
Debra Payne
Designs by Deb
debrapayne

PostPosted by Lizfavela » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am

Hello, I am new here. My friend & I are starting a business together, but arent quite sure hwere to start as far as the software & cutter to use & what else we need (besdies heat press, stones & tape). Could yall please gibe your input on what all is needed & what items are best for us newbies?? Thx!
Liz
Lizfavela

PreviousNext

Return to TRW Business Starter Kit Questions?