Another School Fundraising Gig!

Great place to show and share all of your TRW rhinestone products. This is where you can show the awesome things you are doing with your TRW designs.

Another School Fundraising Gig!

PostPosted by Diamond Life » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey gang! Just wanted to share the good news! I GOT ANOTHER SCHOOL TODAY! Last night I thought I should just step out of my box and make 2 samples (1 bling and 1 vinyl) for another school in my area. I dropped them off this morning and got a call from the principal this afternoon saying she wanted to order one for all the women in her building! Unfortunately, I can't get my pics to upload...arggghhh! But I used Matt's Knight helmet and the Ariel font for the school name above.
Here's the kicker.....she wants the the vinyl design on a necktie for the men! Anyone ever do neckties???? I'm meeting the principal today @ 3pm to talk about the ties. I had to throw together an order form because she wants to start taking shirt orders in the morning......what a whirlwind day this has been!
Anyone know how I can upload my pics? It's telling me that my file is too big...
Thanks for reading!!
Diamond Life

Re: Another School Fundraising Gig!

PostPosted by CColors » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:05 pm

WHOOP WHOOP!!...sounds WONDERFULLL!!....I've never even thought of doing a tie....Im sure Dixie & others will chime in with some good advice. Congrats
CColors

PostPosted by firerose617 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Congratulations - that's AWESOME!
firerose617

PostPosted by mtpockets » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Congratulations on your orders! As for uploading your pictures, here's a link that was on the forum. Maybe this will help you.

topic815.html?hilit=resize%20image

Hope to see your pictures soon.
Brenda
Brenda
mtpockets

PostPosted by sparkling_sports » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Congrats!!!!!
sparkling_sports

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:01 pm

OH, I had to go back and find this tread, lots of pressure to find ties :-)
I hope by now you have goggled wholesale ties and fond something you are looking for to suit your needs. I did find some cheap options, but depending on what they want them for and all that, AND men's ties get dry cleaned. You might think about finding the tie you want and getting a quote to get the ties embroidered unless you do that too. JMHO
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

PostPosted by SewPBJ » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Do you drop samples off for them to keep? Are how do you do that? Also I am what you say to them when you drop off. I'd love any pointers you have to offer. I just opened and I want to approach schools and sports in my area but unsure how to go about it. Tks!
SewPBJ

PostPosted by marvinlovess » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:30 am

Congratulation,

Could I ask.you for some advice on how to reach out to the schools. I would like to approach the schools in my area but don't know how to go about it.

If you are willing to share your approach I would be grateful

Thank You

Marvin
marvinlovess

PostPosted by Dixie's Chick » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 am

Welcome!
I am always reaching out and networking. Not in a pushy way but always networking. It is not always about hitting up the schools, it is who you hit up within the schools. PTA mom, gymnastics moms, cheer coaches, gymnastics coaches. Do some looking in the school directories for those names.

I would suggest you have a plan, what you want to offer, what you are willing to do and what they have to do to raise money.

It is hard to pitch what you are not sure of yourself. So some web searching, see what others are doing and what parts you like and don't like.

do you want them to collect money? will you collect then pay them back a percent? is it one bulk order? who is paying? are you shipping? How are you handling the taxes or the 501C tax exempt part of the process?

when all is said and done and i have the party interested, I ALWAYS ask what price range they need to stay within. This helps me in designing. I'm not going to offer a 3000 stone design if they have a 1000 stone budget.
-Linda
Sparkle-Gear
Dixie's Chick

Return to Share your TRW Rhinestone Designs and samples here! (Brag about yourself)